Thursday, August 14, 2014

Early morning light and shadow and the Zeiss Touit 50mm lens

The early morning sunlight was streaming into my apartment casting strong shadows on the walls. I grabbed one of my favorite cameras, the Fuji X-T1 with a Zeiss Touit 50mm macro on it ,and captured some of the abstract patterns formed by the light and shadows. At one point I also put a piece of white paper in the light and created some abstractions with some of the contents of my wallet.

I usually keep my Fuji X-cameras set to record both jpg and RAW at the same time. For this series I also had the X-T1 set to square crop mode, and increased the shadow tones by +2 and  the highlight tones by +1 on the "Q" menu to obtain a starker contrast.







Two credit cards balanced on  edge. I used the shiny laser seal on a third card to reflect a bright light pattern into the deep shadow.




No comments :

Post a Comment